Wednesday 13 July 2016

My semi-permanent lip colour review part 1

My semi-permanent makeup - lips review

Thinking about getting semi-permanent makeup? well let me tell you my experience and hopefully, I can help you get more of an understanding in what to expect.

So first off my reasons In wanting semi-permanent lip tint done was I hated how pale my lips were, and how I didn't have an obvious lip line, It was like it has faded and everyday i drew a lipline on with a pencil. I hated how every time a ate/drank anything I had to check my mirror and re-apply OMG soooooooo annoying. I constantly was trying out the latest lip stains but they never lasted all day so this treatment sounded like the perfect option for me. So I went ahead and made an appointment with someone i had researched and seen all before/after picture and loved all her work.(DENFINATLEY DO RESEARCH ON THE PERSON CARRYING OUT THE TREATMENT AND SEE BEFORE/AFTER PICTURES OF THEIR WORK!)



The day of treatment SATURDAY

So it was a Saturday morning and feeling slightly nervous thinking I hope I don't come out of here looking like the joker haha! I got called in and had a consultation explaining exactly why I wanted the treatment and what i didn't like about my lips and she advised on a full lip tint for me.( you can go for just lip liner or lip blush which is lipliner but then blended fading into the lip or the full lip tint).

So first thing is getting the lips as numb as possible,she reassured me how she uses the best most effective way of making the treatment as comfortable as possible.This involved using a very fine needle and gently scratching your lips(didn't hurt at all) and then the numbing cream is applied . That is left 2-3mins and the process repeated ,this time, she scratched a little deeper because I'd had the numb cream on (still didn't hurt at all) so she repeated again for 3rd time going slightly harder again.This is so the numbing cream can get into the deeper layers of the skin so made sense and I was so happy to feel how numb my lips were feeling, they felt massive like I had Angelina Jolie lips attached to my face!
She then wiped the cream off and drew on the lip line telling me i can change it anyway i want if i didn't like how she did it but when I looked in the mirror she had done it perfectly.

Now it's time to get to work (If you have had a tattoo its exactly the same looking thing they use apart from tattoo artists use ink and this stuff is pigment it means over time, like with tattoos the lines can spread a bit and go chunkier. This doesn't happen with pigment and also isn't 100%permanent like ink tattoo. 
I was amazed at how little I felt no sharpness it was more like a buzzing effect I felt on my lips.Some areas at times I did get a slight sting but nothing at all worth worrying about.
The whole process of her actually doing my lips was about 50ish minutes.She went over each lip about 3 times. Certain areas on my lipline weren't taking to the pigment quite as well but you go back for a booster 4-6 weeks later and she said will pick up better next time.

So next the moment you get handed the mirror to have a look haha! excitement and nerves she reassured me the colour will look 50% more strong now and lips redder and swollen ! i took a look and I'm not going to lie I did feel like it looked very in your face and drawn on looking, but i knew they would go paler and i did love how perfect they looked.

Healing process

semi permanent lip tattoo
semi permanent lip tattoo
So the first hour after having the treatment my lips got a stingy burning sensation almost like you had rubbed a hot spicy sauce all over your lips ,but then after that first hour,they reduced and didn't have any discomfort they just got a tighter feeling and did ooze slightly. I was told to use vaseline only(i had read some places said don't use vaseline because make lips sweat but i just followed the instructions i was given).

semi permanent lip tattoo healing



SUNDAY DAY 2 - I woke up lips had crusted over slightly mainly from where they had oozed and it had formed a scab. They just felt drier and crustier as the day went on. The strict instructions are DO-NOT pick any scabs it can affect the end result because can take pigment off with the scab and end up with patchy results.

lip tattoo healing day 3


MONDAY DAY 3- So the scabs today were worse ,some parts mainly on my inner lip were peeling and lifting a bit and bits were coming away as the day was going on. Especially when applying the vaseline you have to be careful not to rub too much, so you don't knock any bits that aren't quite ready to come off yet. This day was probably the worsed looking day so if you were wanting to hibernate or take time off work this would be the day.






semi permanent lip tattoo healing day 4

TUESDAY DAY 4- By the afternoon of this day all my scabs had come off my lips,the colour was a very natural lip colour which is what I wanted I still wanted to wear other colour lipsticks. I didn't want to look like I was always wearing lipstick, I just wanted them to look like nicely defined natural coloured lips and that's what I got. Your lips feel dry and have a slight tight feeling to them id say for up to 2 weeks afterwards and ,over this time the colour can seem to come out slightly more as they fully heal. I'm excited about going to get the booster to make them more perfect :-) I'm sorry the final picture isn't with all the scabs off , that's them tuesday morning I've lost final picture but i will do another blog on my booster appointment and the final picture after end result will be on that. I hope anyone considering this treatment has found this helpful. thanks for reading lots of love xxxxxxx

To go straight to part 2 to see the finished result follow the link
  



3 comments: